Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Welcome!

I've been so busy writing songs in the last couple of years that I haven't had time to update my blog - in fact I closed down my last blog since I wasn't using it and it got ridiculously out of date.
I was writing a song a week for quite a while, and although I had quite a few hiccups due to my "real" job cropping up and demanding my time, I've managed to average out to between two or three weeks per demoed song.

Now I feel like it's time to share some of my skills in getting song sketches and demoes down really fast while the ideas are flowing.

Most songwriters seem to write on their instrument of choice - might be guitar or might be piano. I'm pretty average on guitar and piano - well let's not even talk about that.
Anyway I tend to use them in a supporting rather than major role in my songwriting.

I also tend to veer into the electronica on occasion, but I'm most interested in the song itself, and it might take any style that suits.

So welcome along to my blog about some ways to create and demo songs.

No comments: